DCRA Contractor Rating System
The DCRA Contractor Rating System was designed to help you find the best professional for your project - whether it be your kitchen remodel, or your new business. Each building professional receives a score of 1-5 stars that represents the performance of their projects over the past three years during (1) building permit intake, (2) permit plan review, and (3) construction.
Start Finding the Best Professional for Your Project
While we are introducing the Contractor Rating System with Architects and Interior Designers, General Contractors, and Home Improvement Contractors initially, ultimately, you will find a variety of building and design professionals in the DCRA Contractor Rating System including architects, engineers, builders, general contractors, contractors, home improvement contractors, electricians, mechanical contractors, and plumbers.
To search for a licensed and rated building professional:
- In the drop-down field labeled “All,” select the building professional type that you are looking for and select “Search.”
- A list of the building professionals for that type will populate.
You can sort results using the following selection:
- Overall Score: Sort by the top-scoring professionals
- Project Count: Sort by the professionals that have completed the most projects over the past three years
- Professional Name: Sort alphabetically
- You may also sort the results by the number of stars, e.g. you may select to view only those who have five stars.
- Click on the individual’s name to open their profile and see a list of the projects they have worked on in the past 3 years.
To assist you, view our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).